EU Aquaponics Association
The EU Aquaponics Association (EUAA) was launched at the final conference of the EU Aquaponics Hub in April. The objectives of EUAA are
- To promote aquaponics and aquaponics technology in the EU and globally;
- To encourage and promote the education of consumers and food safety officials on the benefits of aquaponically grown food, without exaggeration or ‘hype’;
- To encourage and promote aquaponic food quality, through good science and practice and the setting up and promotion of aquaponics standards;
- To build a platform to facilitate the exchange of information between aquaponists, aquaculturists, horticulturists, farmers and other players, in order to develop aquaponics in the EU;
- To support aquaponics farmers and entrepreneurs inside ACAC (the Association of Commercial Aquaponic Companies), which is a part of the EU Aquaponics Association;
- To encourage and promote the use of aquaponic technology as a viable choice for sustainable organic food production;
- To encourage and promote aquaponics as an educational tool for teaching STEM subjects at primary and secondary school levels; and
- To encourage and promote aquaponics education at University and college levels.
The website, with details of how to join, will be up and running soon.